(This post is from my experiment to build a side hustle from scratch in 30 days following the book “Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days)
Today is Day 1 and I am extremely nervous
I could not have picked a worse time to start a side hustle. I just moved. Because of the move, I was away from work and will have a smaller paycheck next week. I didn’t finish my side hustles. I have new bills coming up.
Yet, I still want to see….I still want to see what I can do with this idea of building something from scratch.
My goals from the side hustles I intend to build from scratch
- Earn at least $100 from my side hustle within 3 months (This is a pathethic number, but I got to be realistic and I got start somewhere.)
- Learn new skills (resume writing, course building, etc.) that can benefit me later
- Test the waters in a new way professionally
- Do something different with my life
Since I am a freelance writer and dropout with plenty of experience in learning, customer service, looking for jobs, etc…I thought I would capitalize on that
So I decided to create two side hustles, one for a course that teaches people how to get a work-from-home customer service job in 30 days on uDemy. The other will be creating resume templates and selling them on Etsy.
I might take these side hustles in different directions depending on my interests and demand but this is the general idea.
- Purchase Udemy course on creating resume templates and watch one section
- Purchase second Udemy course on course building?
- Set up and modify writing routine so I can submit articles/blog posts for extra money. (This is not a primary side hustle, but if I can make a buck here and there using Bamidele Onibalusi’s Earn Your First $1,000 Writing Challenge, why not?)
-$11.92 Udemy Course